Book Direct or OTA?
Internet sites for bookings and accommodation comparison-rates are great travel tools. They have really changed the way holidays and business trips can be planned. The online sites are known as 'Online Travel Agencies' or OTAs. Going straight to the booking desk of your chosen hotel etc. is called a 'Direct Booking.' Here, we look at the many benefits of 'old-school' Direct Booking!
Advantages of 'Direct Booking'
- Personal Service! Personal Service! You are not just a credit card number! Making direct contact with the Front Desk can be the start of a good relationship with your chosen accommodation place. Your personal file can be updated with extra requests right up to the day you arrive.
- Extra! Extra! Many places can be quite flexible in offering better deals to Direct Booking guests. In competitive tourist areas, the comparative online rates are often similar. Direct contact may result in a better deal. Perks such as local freebies and upgrades can be tailored to suit. Their Social Media sites such as Facebook may offer 'Direct Booking Only' deals and coupons, such as discounts or free meals etc.
- Change the date! Changing your travel plans with a Front Desk call can make things easier. The management or desk staff will have instant access to your re-booking dates, and often can offer them without losing the original price package.
- Lost in Translation! One really 'Worst-case' online scenario is booking in the wrong country! Yes this can happen, believe it or not! But what is more painful is discovering there is no refund for the mistake! At least with a Direct Booking, you can check you are really booking into the St. Tropez Holiday Apartments in Surfers Paradise, Australia and not the expensive resort area of St. Tropez in France! (Although - not too bad a scenario either way!)
- Ground Knowledge! If you need some precise information, a direct contact, such as a manager, is likely to have it right in front of them. They can help you with dates and make sure it's the right place for your needs. Personal contact also helps fill in gaps between your accommodations's advertised descriptions and any extras that may be available. Priceless Front Desk resources can include great local deals for car-hire and tourist attractions, upcoming events or how their after-hours operate. So when you arrive, you are ready to holiday!
How we do it!
Here at St. Tropez Holiday Apartments in Surfers Paradise, we are able to offer a very personal Front Desk service when you book Direct with us. Talk your holiday stay through with Amanda and Vic. When you arrive, your comfy apartment will be set up just for you. Booking directly with St. Tropez makes it simple.
But however you have arrived - Online or Direct - we'll make sure it's an easy stay at St. Tropez!