Top 10 Winter Activities for your Gold Coast Holiday
Visiting the Gold Coast during winter is a great way to escape the winter blues and have some fun in the sun with plenty of adventures to be had. Here’s our top 10 ideas of winter activities and events for you to have fun and keep active on the Gold Coast!
1. Runners Dream Holiday - The Gold Coast Airport Marathon, full marathon, half marathon, 10km, 5.7km, running and walking evetns plus 4km and 2km junior dash and 15km wheelchair event. There truly is a race for everyone! 1-2 July 2017, Southport
2. Whale Watching – Have an incredible experience with Humpback whales. Whales in Paradise on the Gold Coast keep the groups small to ensure everyone gets a great view of the amazing creatures, as well as dolphins and other sealife. With a 100% whale sighting guarantee!
3. Wildlife Experience – Have an Aussie animal experience at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary with the Echidna, Crocodile Feeding, Bird Training, Visit Possums, Walk a Wombat, Koala Photos and more.
4. The Color Run – Dream Big and run in this 5km fun run, get coated in colour and dance till your hearts content at the after party
5. Yoga Day Festival – Peace, love and unity, have it all at Yoga Day Festival on the Gold Coast. Be part of the biggest conscious movement across the globe and celebrate World Yoga Day at Burleigh Heads
6. Kokoda Challenge Gold Coast – Get your team in to gear and head to the Gold Coat for this almighty 96km team challenge. The toughest team endurance event in the country. 15-16 July 2017
7. Tree Top Challenge – Take the ultimate tree top adventure as you swing through the trees on flying foxes. Set in the canopy at Mount Tamborine and at Currumbine Wildlife Sanctuary, there are plenty of courses and ziplines to challenge yourself too!
8. Four Winds Revolving Restaurant – Say no more, enjoy premium quality seafood and a fusion style menu when you dine at this high class establishment whilst you take in the 360 degree views, for a very memorable lunch or dinner. Open 7 days a week
9. Kayaking and SUP – Take to the waters and enjoy the Queensland lifestyle, hire a kayak or stand up paddle board (SUP) or join a tour with Australian Kayaking Adventures in Surface Paradise, Gold Coast. Suitable for all ages and families
10. Howl at the Moon – For riverside dining and drinks in Surfers Paradise. This popular venue has live entertainment and features 2 mini grand pianos, alfresco riverside dining, an exciting tapas menu great for sharing, private karaoke rooms and they even serve breakfast on the weekends!
St Tropez Holiday Apartments in Surfers Paradise provide comfortable one and two bedroom fully self contained apartments with great facilities. Relax in the outdoor heated pool, take a short walk to the famous beaches of Surfers Paradise, plus have shopping, cafes and bars at your fingertips. Book your Gold Coast Apartment today